Show us you know how to apply the knowledge and skills required to care for and maintain buildings and their grounds safely and effectively, according to workplace and legislative requirements.
- Level 4
- Credits: 10
- $199.00 NZD (GST incl.)
WorkSafe - Working at Height
Department of Labour - Safe Working with Ladders and Stepladders
WorkSafe - Hazardous Substances
You are required to submit evidence of the following:
- Maintain buildings and grounds in accordance with workplace and legislative requirements.
- Minimise the risk of hazards associated with maintenance work, in accordance with workplace and legislative requirements.
All work for this EduBit must be your own.
Note 1. Videos for each task in Task 1.4 and 1.5 must be provided and MUST not be longer than three (3) minutes each.
Download the video guidelines from the Resources section for this EduBit.
Always open your video link, watch to check it works, and can be opened when you submit this as evidence.
Note 2. All maintenance tasks carried out by you as part of Tasks 1.4 and 1.5 will need to be carried out ‘safely’. This means:
- Correct use of PPE (where appropriate).,
- Correct preparation of the work area and equipment to complete each task.
- Safe clean up and storage of all equipment.
- Carried out in accordance with workplace and legislative requirements.
It also means that you will need to ensure all appropriate steps are taken to identify hazards and take actions to minimise risk before, during and after each task.
Note 3. Task 1.6 requires the completion of the Attestation Form by your Supervisor, including signing, dating and feedback, including at least one (1) example to support this attestation.
You will need to download the Attestation Form from the Resources section below and upload the completed document to the Attestation Form tab on the website.