Student Peer Leadership and Support
Show us you know how to apply critical thinking skills to provide student leadership and support within a student community and organisation.
- Level 5
- Credits: 5
- $99.00 NZD (GST incl.)
Wiki Jobs - What are Interpersonal Skills?
Interpersonal Skills in the Workplace: Examples and Importance
Which Type of Leader are You?
Leadership Syles and When to Use Them
You are required to submit evidence of the following:
- Apply a range of interpersonal skills to establish and maintain professional relationships in order to lead and support students in an organisation.
- Evaluate a range of situations and determine appropriate leadership and support in accordance with legislation, policy and procedures in an organisation.
- Critically reflect on effectiveness of own leadership skills in supporting students in own organisation.
All work for this EduBit must be your own.
You will be required to complete all tasks:
- Task 1. requires you to complete a Logbook. This should record how you applied leadership and interpersonal skills in the student peer leadership and support role for your organisation, for a minimum of twenty (20) hours.
- Task 1.3. requires Attestations from your supervisor and at least two (2) students’ you supported from your logbook record.
- Task 2. requires you to identify two (2) different situations recorded in your Logbook from Task 1 and evaluate your choice of leadership and support for each.
- Task 3. requires you to critically reflect on the effectiveness of your leadership in each of the situations identified and evaluated in Task 2.
Note 1. Task 1 and 2 require the completion of the Attestation form by your Supervisor and two (2) student peers (these must be students you have supported in your Logbook). The Attestation form must be signed, dated and include feedback from the Attester supporting the attestation statement/s. You will need to download the Attestation Form from the Resources section below and upload the completed form to the Attestation Form tab on the website.
Note 2. All student peer leadership and support must be undertaken in accordance with legislation, policy and procedures in the organisation.
Note 3. Task 1 requires you to complete a Logbook of the student peer leadership and support roles undertaken for your organisation. Download the Logbook, available under Resources on the website, complete and submit as evidence.
Note 4. Interpersonal skills are the tools used when interacting and communicating with others. Examples include: verbal communication, non-verbal communication, listening skills, negotiation, problem-solving, decision-making, assertiveness. https://study.com/academy/lesson/interpersonal-skills-in-the-workplace-examples-and-importance.html