Te Tiriti o Waitangi / The Treaty of Waitangi: Introduction
Show us that you can understand the historical context of Te Tiriti o Waitangi, including the relationship between the articles and the principles, and the effect of New Zealand legislation, historically and contemporarily, for Iwi Māori in their own region.
- Level 4
- Credits: 10
- $199.00 NZD (GST incl.)
Waitangi Tribunal - Principles of the Treaty
You are required to submit evidence of the following:
- Describe the historical context that led to the development of the articles of Te Tiriti o Waitangi/the Treaty of Waitangi.
- Discuss the relationship between the articles and principles of Te Tiriti o Waitangi/the Treaty of Waitangi.
- Identify and discuss legislation from New Zealand’s colonial history that were not in keeping with the promises guaranteed in Te Tiriti o Waitangi/the Treaty of Waitangi.
- Discuss the contemporary effects of colonisation on Iwi Māori in own region.
All work for this EduBit must be your own.
- Task 1, 2, 3 and 4 require you to video yourself identifying, describing or discussing each of the concepts about Te Tiriti o Waitangi/ the Treaty of Waitangi as set out. You will need to provide one (1) video for each Task. Each video must not exceed five (5) minutes.
- Please always check your videos and test the link opens. If the link does not open for you the assessor will not be able to open it and assess your evidence.
Note 1. One (1) video must be provided for each Task and MUST not be longer than five (5) minutes.
Note 2. Tasks 1, 2, 3 and 4 require a list of your reference sources using APA referencing. Download the APA Reference guidelines from the Resources section. You will need to upload your reference list document OR type into the free text field available in each task.