Customer First: Barista
Show us you know how to maintain a commercial espresso machine and ancillary equipment to make a range of café style beverages to meet the customer’s expectations in accordance with legislation and workplace requirements.
- Level 3
- Credits: 10
- $199.00 NZD (GST incl.)
12 Different Types of Coffee Explained
How to Backflush and Clean an Espresso Coffee Machine
You are required to submit evidence of the following:
- Make and present a range of café style beverages to meet customers’ expectations using commercial espresso equipment in accordance with legislation and workplace requirements.
- Maintain commercial espresso machine and ancillary equipment to make a range of café style beverages in accordance with legislation and workplace requirements.
- Reflect on own barista skills in meeting customer and workplace expectations.
All work for this EduBit must be your own.
- You will be required to provide video evidence of you making a range of make and present café style beverages, using a commercial espresso equipment, to a consistent standard including consistent colour, aroma, taste, temperature and presentation to meet customer expectations, as well as completing daily maintenance and cleaning tasks and reflecting on your barista skills.
- Download the video guidelines from the Resources section. Always check your video links work and can be opened when you submit this as evidence.
- All tasks carried out will need to be completed in your workplace and on the commercial espresso machine and using the other equipment provided, in accordance with legislation and workplace requirements.
- A copy of your workplace Food Safety Plan/Food Control Plan is required for assessors to check your evidence against your workplace expectations.
- Attestations forms will need to be downloaded from the Resources section and will need to be completed by your manager and four (4) of your customers.
Note 1. All barista tasks will require you to follow legislative and workplace requirements.
Note 2. All barista tasks require you to use your workplace commercial espresso machine and ancillary equipment in accordance with legislation and workplace requirements.
Note 3. Attestation form/s must be completed by the Attester/s, including signing, dating and feedback, including at least two (2) examples for each attestation. “Manager” is the term used for direct line manager/supervisor/or equivalent.
Note 4. The time limit for each video of you preparing and making café style beverages in Task 1 is five (5) minutes per café style beverage. The time limit for the video in Task 2, cleaning and daily maintenance of the commercial espresso machine and equipment, is ten (10) minutes.
Note 5. In the General Information Section you will be required to identify whether your workplace standard for café style beverage is single shot, double shot or triple shot.