Tag and Testing: 3-Phase Portable Electrical Equipment
Show us that you know how to carry out tag and testing on 3-phase portable electric equipment using a compliant portable appliance tester or suitable test equipment in accordance with legislation and organisational requirements.
- Level 2
- Credits: 5
- $99.00 NZD (GST incl.)
You are required to submit evidence of the following:
- Carry out tag and testing on 3-phase portable electrical equipment using a portable appliance tester with a single to three 3-phase adaptor, or an insulation tester and ohm meter, in accordance with legislation and the organisation’s requirements.
- Maintain compliant test equipment to carry out tag and testing on 3- phase portable electrical equipment to meet compliance regulations and in accordance with legislation.
The evidence you are required to provide is described under the heading of Instructions.
All work for this EduBit must be your own.
Note 1: General Information - Please answer this task to enable the assessor to understand your context and environment.
Note 2: All tag and testing tasks carried out must be in accordance with legislation and the organisation’s requirements.
Note 3: Video must be used to present your evidence for all of Tasks 1 and 2. Download the video guidelines from the Resources section for this EduBit. Follow the video instructions and always check your video links are working when submitting your video evidence.
Note 4: The Attestation Form should be downloaded from the Resources section for this EduBit. The description Manager as the Attester, refers to your manager/supervisor/direct line manager/or equivalent. The Attestation Form must be completed by the attester including being signed and dated with feedback for each section.
Note 5: The same Portable Appliance Tester (PAT) with a single to three-phase adaptor, or an insulation tester and ohm meter must be used for all Tasks in this EduBit and must only be used for tag and testing three-phase portable electrical equipment/appliances (electrical items) and must be used for all tasks in this EduBit.
Note 6: You will be required to show all of the following in your videos for Task 1.3:
- You wearing your ID tag/card, showing your name.
- Setting up and turning on your PAT.
- Checking the electrical equipment being tested to ensure it is safe to test.
- Connecting the PAT to the item of electrical equipment.
- Carrying out the test using the PAT.
- Close up of the electronic test result on the PAT.
- Printing or writing up of the tag.
- Close up of the printed tag showing details.
- Close up of the actual retest period.
- Applying the tag to the electrical equipment.
- Filling in the details of the service record for the item tested.
- Stating if it is a safe test or an unsafe test.