Electric Vehicle Drive Systems Repairs
Conditions of Assessment
You are required to submit evidence of the following:
- Perform diagnostic analysis to identify faulty high voltage drive system components and complete restorative actions to manufacturers’ specifications.
- Perform quality control diagnostic analysis to ensure electric vehicles operate according to manufacturers’ specifications.
The evidence you are required to provide is described under the heading of Instructions.
All work for this EduBit must be your own.
Evidence Submission Options:
There are two (2) options to choose from for ways to collect and submit evidence for this EduBit:
a. From naturally occurring evidence produced as a result of your normal work and validated with attestations from your qualified supervisor. Refer to acceptable evidence requirements below.
b. Enrol in an Electric Vehicle Drive Systems Repairs workshop* and provide evidence as per requirements below.
*If you are interested in attending a workshop, please register your interest by emailing email@example.com.
Acceptable Evidence Requirements:
- Photographs of three (3) electric vehicles for which you performed electronic high voltage drive system diagnostics.
- Copies of the three (3) job cards requiring you to perform electronic diagnostic analysis performed for each of the electric vehicles high voltage traction batteries.
- Copies of the three (3) electronic diagnostic data print-outs for each of the three (3) batteries.
- Copies of your documented interpretation and justification of issues identified from diagnostic data results for the three (3) batteries.
- Copies of your documentation restorative option recommendations for each the three (3) batteries.
- Attestations from your qualified supervisor.
Nissan Lead Teardown Part 1
Troubleshooting a Variable Frequency Drive