Māori Orthographic Conventions developed by Te Taura Whiri i Te Reo Māori should be observed:
You are required to submit evidence of the following:
- Accurately pronounce introductions, greetings and farewells relevant in your workplace.
- Use basic te reo Māori in workplace correspondence.
- Use te reo Māori relevant to your industry or profession.
The evidence that you are required to provide is described in more detail under the heading of Instructions.
All work for this EduBit must be your own.
- You will be required to follow the task instructions provided below and video yourself reciting greetings, farewells, mihi, words and phrases in te reo and correctly translating to demonstrate your ability to use each in the correct context.
- These videos must be simulated, ie. simulated by you for the camera (not with another person).
- Do not video yourself in the workplace completing the tasks.
Task 2 requires you to provide copies of formal and informal workplace correspondence written by you.
Kia mau ki te rere, ki te mita, ki ngā ariā, ki ngā kupu me te takoto o te reo ā-whānau, ā-hapū, ā-iwi, ā-hapori hoki.
All evidence must be provided as requested in Tasks 1, 2 and 3 and the assessor must be able to open the links to your videos. You will be required to speak clearly to enable the assessor to evaluate your video evidence. Please always watch and listen to your videos prior to submitting them.
The flow, intonation, concepts, words, phrases, dialect and structure of language used in this EduBit assessment should adhere to that of the whānau, hapū, iwi or community in which you reside or have a connection to. Otherwise, the Māori Orthographic Conventions developed by Te Taura Whiri i Te Reo Māori should be observed: www.tetaurawhiri.govt.nz/assets/Uploads/Corporate-docs/Orthographic-conventions/Guidelines-for-Maori-Language-Orthography.pdf