Electric Vehicle Battery Repairs
Show us that you know how to perform diagnostic analysis and restorative actions on high voltage traction batteries to ensure electric vehicles operate as per manufacturers’ specifications.
- Level 5
- Credits: 10
- $199.00 NZD (GST incl.)
Nissan Leaf Service Factory Manuals
EECA Electric Vehicle Battery Life
Factory Service Manuals - Leaf 2013 LEAF – EVB
Factory Service Manuals - Leaf 2013 LEAF – EVC
Conditions of Assessment
You are required to submit evidence of the following:
- Perform diagnostic analysis to identify faulty high voltage traction battery components and complete restorative actions to manufacturers’ specifications.
- Perform quality control diagnostic analysis to ensure electric vehicles operate according to manufacturers’ specifications
All work for this EduBit must be your own.
Evidence submissions options:
Below are two (2) options to choose from to collect and submit evidence for this EduBit:
1. From evidence produced as a result of your normal work and validated with attestations from your qualified supervisor. Refer to acceptable evidence requirements below.
2. Enrol in an Electric Vehicle Battery Repairs Workshop* and provide evidence as per requirements below.
*Please check back in 2019 for more information on Electric Vehicle Workshops.
Acceptable Evidence Requirements:
- Photographs of three (3) electric vehicles for which you performed electronic high voltage traction battery diagnostics.
- Copies of the three (3) job cards requiring you to perform electronic diagnostic analysis performed for each of the electric vehicles high voltage traction batteries.
- Copies of the three (3) electronic diagnostic data print-outs for each of the three (3) batteries.
- Copies of your documented interpretation and justification of issues identified from diagnostic data results for the three (3) batteries.
- Copies of your documentation restorative option recommendations for each the three (3) batteries.
- Attestations from your qualified supervisor.