Health and Safety on Farms
Show us that you know how to apply safe work practices in a farm workplace in accordance with the Health and Safety at Work Act, 2015.
Primary ITO as the Standard Setting Body have validated this EduBit as being equivalent to Unit Standards 23540 'Demonstrate Knowledge of Hazards, Hazard Control, and the Consequences of Injury in a Rural Workplace' (Level 2, Credits 5, Version 1) and Unit Standard 23541 'Locate Hazards, Describe Safety Procedures, and Demonstrate Save Working Practices in a Rural Workplace' (Level 2, Credits 5, Version 1).
- Level 2
- Credits: 10
- $199.00 NZD (GST incl.)
Health and Safety at Work Act 2015
NZ Government getthru website
Worksafe NZ - Understanding the Law
Worksafe NZ – Plan for Calving
Question 15 in the workbook refers to the following websites:
Employers responsibilities (primary duty of care):
You are required to submit evidence of the following:
- Identify and describe farm workplace hazards, the reasons why they are hazards, and the harm they cause.
- Hazard control methods are described in terms of elimination and minimisation for a farm workplace.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the economic, physical, and psychological consequences of injury in a farm workplace.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the role of organisations associated with workplace safety, and the Health and Safety at Work Act, 2015.
- Identify and locate hazards, and describe reporting and emergency procedures, in a farm workplace.
- Demonstrate safe work practices in a farm workplace.