You are required to submit evidence that you can:
- Review the characteristics of successful entrepreneurs and apply techniques for generating ideas to initiate a market analysis and supporting due-diligence assessment for a startup business.
Becoming an Entrepreneur is one of three related EduBits. If you pass all three EduBits you will be eligible to be awarded credit for the full Introduction to Entrepreneurship course. The related short courses are:
- Planning a business startup.
- Financing and managing a business startup.
All work for this EduBit must be your own.
You must complete four tasks for this EduBit assessment:
- Define entrepreneurship and identify typical characteristics of successful entrepreneurs.
- Apply techniques to generate new business ideas.
- Conduct a SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats) analysis of your own business idea for a new product or service.
- Identify other market analysis techniques and due-diligence assessment processes appropriate for a start-up business.
The Nature of Entrepreneurship (opens in new window)
What Makes a Successful Entrepreneur (opens in new window)
Entrepreneurs as Small Business Owners (opens in new window)
Before Starting Your Own Business (opens in new window)
Task Descriptions (opens in new window)
Assessment Rubric (opens in new window)